Eye Care Community
light spot in left eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

light spot in left eye

sun late in day i noticed a spot in left eye as if i had stared in light to long so tuesday i went to eye doctor said my eyes were fine 20/20 vision just maybe sinus or blood pressure..so i took some otc meds nothing happened. so sat i went to urgent treatment center and the doc says it maybe migraine related so got a percripstion for midrin i have taken 3 so far 2 lastnight one early morning.. so far still have blind spot in left eye and still have eye pain in lid and i told the doc from left shoulder blade up to neck and top of head to left inner corner of eye hurts and thats where the blind spot is..plus my ears feel stoppped up..i have a slight headache still.so im thinking maybe i should go to emergency room monday maybe they can help me.. but i dont have health insurance i know the bill will be outrage.. any suggestions on what maybe causing this??? im really worried now!
If you had a personal physician you would not have to go to the ER. Also if your "eye doctor" was a non-MD optometrist and not a MD ophthalmologist you have not had the eye exam your condition warrants.

You need to see a primary care physician tomorrow if possible, also if you did not see an Eye MD see one. In the USA find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD
ok thank you very much for your response.. no i donot have a primary care physician because i do not have health insurance..i checked i went to pal optical and he was not a MD..In morning i will try to get an appointment with opthalmogist.. the midrin is not working at all still have pain in all the areas and my eye seems worse..thank you for your advice
You can find an Eye MD at www.aao.org near you.

JCH MD
i went to opthalmoloist she says i have optic nuritis..they want me to do a mri wed morn..im really worried now...my eye sight is worst  now and my nose and neck and cheek hurt on left side.. for now she has me taking ibprohen 3times a day.. but it really isnt helping what else can i do? i dont see her again until friday but i am still in pain.. i still really believe its my sinus...
Get on the phone now and call the ophthalmologist for advice.

JCH MD