light streak in the eye
I had been experiencing this light streak thing in my eye since last wednesday. i went to my family doctor and the doctor said it was because my eyes were too 'stressed' and 'strained' and gave my prescriptions for eye supplyments.

However, until today i still experience this light streak thing in my eye and it follows whenever i look. I went to the eye specialist today and had a eye check up but the doctor said that there was nothing wrong with my eye. no retina detachment etc. I am a high myopic. of about -1.00 in one eye and -0.975 in the other and i'm only 15 this year.

I'm wondering how long it takes for my eyes to get back to normal. And what are useful ways to lessen the 'strain' and 'stress' in my eyes?

Thanks.
I am a community leader here, not a doctor. I am also an experienced eye patient. Welcome to our community

Find an ophthalmologist at www.aao.com.
This is the best way to monitor the health of your eyes, and to protect yourr vision.

The doctor will advise you.

With all due respect your family MD cannot determine the cause without proper training and equipment neither of which he/she has. Your symptoms suggest a posterior vitreous detachment with vitreous traction. If the light streaks continue another week or so I would get a second opinion from a different Eye MD.

JCH II MD
thank you
-
Be very cautious, as the doctor says. You have signs of a normal process called PVD.

I will give you some information on retina symptoms, There is no reason to suspect anything serious with you right now, but retina problems are not common knowledge, and you may be able to help a friend one day.

I developed a serious condition from these flashes, but I have other conditions that make me high risk. My retina detachment started with flashes, and the doctor said he could find nothing. My flashes started a month before the detachment. A retina specialist needs to catch a detachment within the first 2 weeks.

Flashes alone do not usually signal a detachment. A detachment is signalled by a sudden rush of floaters, increased flashes and perhaps a curtain or glass-like object in the vision.

Be vigilant and check in with the doctor if the flashes continue another week, as Dr. Hagan has advised.

If you experience an increase in flahes or floaters, or symptoms of a curtain, see an Eye MD immediately.