Eye Care Community
lipoma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lipoma

Hello I have mulitiple lipomas on my body and was wondering if they can grow in the eye. I know lipomas grow where there's fat. So my questions is the fat in the eye? Also have you heard of anyone growing a lipoma in the eye? I read something about you can get fatty deposits on the retina. Not sure what that is or if increase in getting a lipoma there.
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Lipoma don't grow inside the eye but they are common around the eye or in the eye socket.

JCH MD
Blank
Isn't still rare to get lipomas in the eye socket or around the eye? I heard its grows mostly where there is fat tissues. Also can it affect your vision and can it be treated.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
No its not unusual. The eyeball is packed and cushioned in the socket by lots of fat.

JCH MD
Blank
Dr Hagan,

I have alot of subcutaneous lipomas on my body. Is there any relations of lipomas around the eye? Also am I at increase risk? Also can it be treated and save the eye.
Blank
541234_tn?1266678697
I have been finding alot of painful jelly beads inner location not on surface yet  in my legs arms buttocks , most all  are painful very painful to push in, I am growing more and more , no cellulitis no contact dermatitis just stiff muscles painful muscles and fatty painful beads my Dr said the dopplor no blood Clots, my PCP said i have multiple lipomas  so now, i do exhibit the DERCUM or Anders symptoms I found, yes hypo thyroid multinodular goitor, fibromyalgia like pain vulvodynia, PSAD now... so are these LIPOMA's causing the obgyn symptoms? fatigue stress  vit b 12 deficeint vit D deficeient
now my shoulder tendonitis had surgery have frozen shoulder and MORE of these painful jelly beads,  any ideas... who will do liposuction?  general surgeon who cuts the lipomas out or a dermatologist? these are affecting my job standing and walking is very painful with these lipomas
45 yr white female  if this matters?  any help... for me?
Blank
1433829_tn?1283465721
I have multiple lypomas. They are on my right leg, in both arms, my back, my chest and now recently discovered them growing around my abs. I have one on the back of my upper leg that seems to be tender, doesn't move either when I touch it, it is very small though. I had one taken out of my right arm bicep.. If I am not mistaken, I have roughly 40 of them on my body. Possibly more. Should i get that one sore lypoma (if its that) removed first?
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
It might be worth having it removed and get a biopsy pathology report. Need to be sure you don't have Von Ricklinghausen Disease (neurofibromatosis)

JCH MD
Blank
I have a Lipoma within my eye socket and, I was given the advise not to remove it until i feel it is uncomfortable to live with,
as there is a chance that operating could damage my tear duct and
then i would be forever putting eye drops in my eye.
i was just wondering if there was some other way to get rid of this Lipoma, as it is started to become very irritating as my vision is starting to become blurry and my eyes are really affected by the light.
What else could i do
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Lipomas can occur around and on the eye. Sometimes what looks like lipomas are other types of growth. There are a group of diseases called phacomatosis the most common being neurofibromatosis where growths that resemble papillomas occur all over the body.

I suggest you see an ophthalmologist or a dermatologist soon.

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank