Eye Care Community
little white lights and flashing blue light

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

im 23 years old and have been wearing glasses/contacts since before i can remember. poor vision runs in the family. anyway this morning as i was waking up i kept seein a blue light flashinig in from the corner of my eye to the front. i shouldnt say flashing but floating. i thought it was my son, he has a toy with a small blue light when you press the button, but he was no where near me. it was like when has the flash light and they take it from the left or right side and say tell them when u see the light. but it was floting and like flashing and then when i closed my eyes and opened them again it did it until i literaly got up and rinsed my eyes.
nowi have been having some eye trouble latlety. like the little white lights flashin here and there maybe four or five times a day if i watch tv to long or sit to close to the computer. and m eyes have been hurting and geting headaches ocasionally. but i thought it was because i havent been to the eye doctor and been wear the same glases for three years. after i got marriedi got booted from my parent indsurance and cant really afford it now. i thought it would be ok. but this flashing blue light is scaring me..

can someone help and tell me whats wrong. or sahould i just cough up the money and go to the optometrist...

thank you!!
You need to see an EyeMD.  The flashing and floaters may be a sign of a retinal tear which can lead to a retinal detachment and blindness.

Dr. O.