Eye Care Expert Forum
loss of vision in eye while bicycling

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

loss of vision in eye while bicycling
In 2006 I had Auto Immune Hepatitis, then due the the prednisone I was taking, acquired cataracts. Both lens were replaced, and I had to have yag laser done. Here's my problem. Whenever I ride my bicycle, I sometimes get blurred vision in my right eye. I starts out as a stinging feeling, then the vision gets very blurred. It's like a piece of wet kleenex is covering my eye. As I ride, it gets worse, and does not go away for several hour later. Sometimes up to 6 hours later. I have had an ultra sould for blocked arteries in my neck, with nothing showing up. You should know that it does not happen all the time, but it is getting more frequent.

Thanks,
JT
If it only occurs when you bicycle then stop bicycling and take up some other sport. Assuming you wear goggles to protect your cornea from the wind drying them out I don't think of anything else you can do.
Besides riding a bicylcle with blurred vision is asking for a wreck.
JCHMD