Eye Care Expert Forum
lower eyelid feels like it's bruised and swollen

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Today I had a sharp pain in my eye then an hour later my lower left eye felt like it was bruised. I have some redness and slight swelling on the lower lid toward the corner of my left eye. It feels like it is bruised, should I see a doctor about this, what is it?
Patty 83,  your question was answered by a physician (JCH MD) on the eye care forum. Please check  a question posted on the general eye care forum  and if you were answered by an eye-physician (MD after their name), please do not ask the question again on the Physician forum as it denies another person from having their question answered.

Thanks,

The physicians of the AAO Eyecare Forum.

COPY OF PREVIOUS ANSWER:
If your symptoms persist or are worse tomorrow than yes you do need to have your personal physician or an eye physician (Ophthalmologist Eye MD) see it. There are so many things that might cause this (many minor problems) that it would be just speculation to try and give you a working diagnosis.

JCH MD

1 Comment
I'm sorry it won't happen again, I wasn't sure if was a doctor as well.