Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
macular hole after yag laser for narrow angle
Has anyone experienced macular hole after yag laser for narrow angle.  After mky yag procedure I noticed visual problems and returned to Dr.  They said everything looked fine and give it time. Now, 4 months later, I have a macular hole and have been recommended to have Vitrectomy.  Am very nervous since not positive first procedure did not bring about my newest problem.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
284078 tn?1282620298
It's very possible that you had the macular hole already before the yag iridotomy or at least the beginnings of one.  I cannot think of a way that an iridotomy would cause a macular hole.  I'm sorry but I just don't see a causative relationship. Two entirely different areas of the eye.  I suppose in theory the vitreous could have been jostled but you needed the yag iridotomy or you could have gone blind from an attack of narrow angle glaucoma.  I feel for you and I certainly don't know anything about your iridotomy or if it was done properly or anything.  I'm just giving my first impressions.

MJK MD
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A