macular pattern dystrophy
I have been diagnosed with what they think is macular pattern dystrophy not macular degeneration.  Can you please tell me what can be done for this if anything and what can be done for dry eye.  I've been told that this is my biggest problem.  I have plugs in already & you refresh or systane eye drops.
There is no treatment for the pattern dystrophy.  The dry eye may also need mild steroids and treatment of minimal belpharitis if present (commonly is).

Dr. O.
Thank you
Try taking flaxoil a tablespoon or so once or twice by mouth daily...I use Barleans flaxoil as it is of great quality.  You can find it many stores, but Fred Meyer also carries it in their Nutrition dept. in the refrig. section.  Good flax oil needs to stay refrigerated.

This has been proven to help dry eye and is also good for your skin and many other things.

Good luck !