Eye Care Community
macular scar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

macular scar

Hi, iam 26 recently i have consulted doctor.He told me that my left is infected by macular scar .he told that it is from my childhood .saying that there is no treatment for that.i cant see any thing with my left eye.is there any treatment for that.my right eye is good.Is there any chance of spreading to my good eye.Doctor told that he don't why scar formed why it happend .Kindly help me with treatment
We cannot tell you what caused the scar; there are many possible causes from birth trauma to infective agents such a herpes virus and toxoplasmosis. Nor can we tell you if anything can be done.

We can tell you the most important thing is to protect what sight you have especially in the better eye from disease or injury.

You might be a second opinion from a retinal Eye MD ophthalmologist.

JC MD
thanks for the reply .I have a squint in the same infected eye can i go for a quint operation.Is there any medicine in development for maular scar
Cannot tell you if any treatment is available for the scar. Surgery for the squint (strabismus surgery) does not make the eye see better and often the eye does not remain in the straight position.

JC MD
     Thanks for ur time for answering my questions.Is there any side effects if i go for squint surgery in my case does it increases  my scar.Is there any chance of my scaring infected to my good eye.