Eye Care Community
miosis or mydriasis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

miosis or mydriasis

I have been on two androgen blocking drugs, and one month of BC pills. I have had anisocoria for almost 3 weeks and it started 3-4 days after I added oral contracetives to my antiandrogen pills. Tomorrow is the last BC pill i have and it is a 21 day pill ( no sugar pill).
The problem is that I do not know which pupil is the abnormal one. In light both are normal, but in dark is when the difference is seen.
Could this be a cause of permanent anisocoria? I have no other symptoms, and a full eye exam was done with no abnormal findings at ALL.
Thank you
My wedding is in a month and I just feel so depressed becuase of this pupil abnormality.
I would call the physicians that prescribed the medication and ask them. I would call your pharmacist and have they review the prescribing information in detail. I would make an appointment to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist. Be sure not to let the techs put any drops in your eye before the Eye MD sees you. Take in an old photo of your face that shows your pupils equal. Take a picture of your eyes when they are different sizes, don't use the flash or red eye feature.  If you saw a optometrist (not a MD, not a physician, then you really didn't have a medical eye exam) if you did see an Eye MD then go to www.aao.org and try to find a neuro ophthalmologist near you.

these three professionsals Your MD, your pharmacist and your eye MD should help you work through this.

JCH III MD