Eye Care Expert Forum
mosquito bite in eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

mosquito bite in eye
I think I was bit by a mosquito in my eye,its red & its itching. I also have this clear looking bubble thing in my eye. Should I go to the ER? I'm scared.
unlikely to be a mosquito bite.  Find a local ophthalmologist and have them examine your eyes.  That's your best bet of finding out what is going on.  You likely either have an allergy or conjunctivitis/pink eye.  You could find a local ophthalmologist on www.aao.org or call your primary care doctor and ask for advice on how to get in to see an ophthalmologist right away.

HV