Eye Care Expert Forum
muscles around left eye flickers

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

muscles around left eye flickers
Muscles around my left eye is flickering from past few days. Any idea why this is happening and how can I stop this?
Suggest more sleep, less caffeine, less stress.  Avoid any stimulants.  If you do that - the twitching may improve in a week or so.  The eyelids muscles can start twitching from minor irritations or more often from fatigue and caffeine.  I've had it myself before.

MJK MD
I have had blurry vision and eye muscle pain since cataract surgery in May.  I have been to a neurologist, retina specialist, and opthamologist--they can find nothing wrong with my eye anatomically.  I have fibromyalgia; my other muscles are weak and painful.  Could this vision problem be related to fibromyalgia?  Is there anything I can do?

thank you
I began having blurry vision in my left eye as well as the twitching left eye. It might be due to lack of sleep. How many hours is considered healty?

Also what would cause the blurry eye?

thanks
A related discussion, my left eye flickering from last one week? was started.