Eye Care Expert Forum
my eye sight

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

my eye sight

I am suffering from eye sight problem since childhood. doctors says my optic nerve is dried out basically there is no blood circulation in it. Anyway, I could not get prescribed glasses for this reason.  I could not even apply for driving license.  as I could not read number plates beyond 5 meters. is there anything or who can help me. I am waiting for years now.
I'm very sorry for your difficulties. Is this condition in both eyes? I'll assume you have this in both eyes and it is probably called optic neuropathy or optic atrophy. The best thing you can do is get a good second opinion and seek the assistance of a "Low Vision" specialist. They can train you to see and feel the world more effectively.

Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
yes you have  got it right . thanks  for your answer . atleast  I know where to go. I will  try to find low vision specialist.