my left eyelid moves when I talk or chew - with jaw movement
Hi doctor,
I was never too serious to find out a solution for my left eye until now, as I am a professional trainer and
I talk to lots of people on regular basis. I noticed that few people make fun of me and sometimes smile while
looking at me, it effects my confidence and I just don't feel good.
Whenever I chew or talk....my left eyelid keep moving up and down: Jaw open > eyelid moves up. Jaw close > eyelid moves down and comes to normal. There is no movement until jaw moves for eating or talking. There is no pain either. I wear glasses all the time. There is no one in my family or far family with similar issue.

Please guide and answer following questions:
Is it a desease?
Is there any surgery available to fix this? and will it be a cosmetic surgery?
Is this surgery risky or too expensive? I am in Canada and have medical insurance.
Do I need to see a eye specilaist?

Thanks a lot,
Fahim
It is likely what is called a Marcus Gunn Jaw winking syndrome and is due to nerves going to a wrong muscle.  There are some surgeries that could fix it but you have to be careful to consult with an expert to make sure you work with the right information in this regard.  Likely it is clinically indicated if it affects your vision (so say so if it does affect your vision when you see the specialist).  Get a referral to see an oculoplastic specialist (preferrably a university based one).  Make sure you tell your PCP that it is affecting your vision and makes driving sometimes dangerous (assuming that is true to some extent).

HV
Thanks a lot doctor.

A related discussion, hi I have the same problem was started.
A related discussion, Burning eyes!! was started.