Eye Care Community
myopia and any physical cares
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

myopia and any physical cares

Hi I have a sister 21yrs  old. she has been using specs since 10yrs. she accidentally broke her lense last week and  she went for check up. she is  -5 and -6 myopic now. doctor precribed her some lenses but she say they are too powerful and would prefer the earlier though doc insisted.  she is in her 2nd year university. Now, could her studies 10 hr study be  a cause for further deterioration?and could this lead to total blindness sooner though she is physically ok? may be what should she do to avoid further problem? thanks
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Study does not cause blindness. Some people have trouble adjusting to new glasses. Most eye MDs and optoms will do a recheck at no charge and make one change at no extra cost. She could also ask for her money back and return the glasses or ask the old prescription -5 and -6 be put in new frames.

Be sure she is seeing an eye MD ophthalmologist and not an optometrist.

JCH MD
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Study does not cause blindness. Some people have trouble adjusting to new glasses. Most eye MDs and optoms will do a recheck at no charge and make one change at no extra cost. She could also ask for her money back and return the glasses or ask the old prescription -5 and -6 be put in new frames.

Be sure she is seeing an eye MD ophthalmologist and not an optometrist.

JCH MD
Blank
Thanks so much Dr. I have been seeing your responses I like them. I will come back to you case of any challenge. thanks much
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
You are welcome this free service to the world is sponsored by the American Academy of Ophthlmology, the Eye MD organization.

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank