Eye Care Expert Forum
myopia with ptosis

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

myopia with ptosis
I m a 20 yr old girl. I have congenital ptosis on my right eye. A plastic surgery performed on it when I was 12 yrs old..I also have myopia in my both eyes. My power is -5 in both eyes. and  i m wearing glasses from very young. My recent problem is when my ocular pressure was measured it was 19 on left and right its between 19 -22 and my doctor also says i have vertically oval eyeball by fundoscope. I was worried if there is glaucoma but they told me itf not glaucoma or any cther problem. I dont have headache too. Is it really fine to have such high pressure?? What are cther problem for which i hav to be careful???/
You should be checked 2-3 times a year with a pressure check and if maintained above 21, get glaucoma testing done.

HV
thank you so much...I will certainly do as you suggested..