Eye Care Community
myopia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

myopia

i am 21 yrs and i am suffering from myopia  -4  that is constant  from last 5 yrs . i was perfectly ok before that ie. 6/6 vision. but on span of  just 1 yr it just went to -4 and then become constant .
i really  dont want to have glasses , any more . i tried vitamin tablets , eye drops but nothing worked  .
**** i dont want to go for surgery .*****
please help  
Tags: myopia
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
There are basically three ways to treat myopia:
1. Eyeglasses
2. Contact lenses
3. Refractive surgery such a LASIK

Myopia can't be corrected using vitamins or eyedrops.  It is caused by either an elongation of the eyeball or a cornea that's too steep.  Either condition causes the visual image to converge to a point in front of the retina instead of directly on it.  This is what causes your blurry distance vision.

I know it may be hard for you to deal with at the moment, but myopia is a VERY common condition and it's nothing to be concerned about.  If you can wear contact lenses, no one need even know you have myopia.  Talk to your eyecare professional.
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
-
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity