Eye Care Expert Forum
narrow angles

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

narrow angles
I have narrow angles, my vision is fine and my pressure is fine.what are the chances of sudden narrow angle glacoma/and what are the side effects and risk of laser surgery.
Dear tina287,

Laser surgery to create a tiny hole in the iris is a rapid procedure which may prevent an attack of narrow angle glaucoma.  Sometimes, the shape of one’s eye, makes them susceptible to an attack of narrow angle glaucoma despite normal vision and pressure presently.  I would recommend that you speak with your eyeMD about why a laser iridotomy was recommended.  

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
A related discussion, Going for Ahmed Glaucoma Valve Surgery was started.