Eye Care Expert Forum
negative accommodation

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

negative accommodation
I had lasik eye surgery 3 months ago and have regression in both eyes now.  I noticed that as soon as the regression (my prescription) came back it took a long time (5 minutes to an hour) for my eyes to re-focus for distance (negative accommodation) after reading (they never did this before surgery).  I would like to know if having an enhancement to correct my myopia would also correct this slow re-focus time (they say just to wear glasses for 5 minutes or an hour if needed, but having an enhancement would correct the distance I would think)).  I do not wear reading glasses nor do I need to so I know it's not presbopia (sp?) as I've been told.  
Thank you
Are you around 40.  This is probably early presbyopia.  Discuss with your surgeon.

Dr. O.