Eye Care Expert Forum
negative accommodation
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
negative accommodation
I had lasik eye surgery 3 months ago and have regression in both eyes now.  I noticed that as soon as the regression (my prescription) came back it took a long time (5 minutes to an hour) for my eyes to re-focus for distance (negative accommodation) after reading (they never did this before surgery).  I would like to know if having an enhancement to correct my myopia would also correct this slow re-focus time (they say just to wear glasses for 5 minutes or an hour if needed, but having an enhancement would correct the distance I would think)).  I do not wear reading glasses nor do I need to so I know it's not presbopia (sp?) as I've been told.  
Thank you
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
711220 tn?1251894727
Are you around 40.  This is probably early presbyopia.  Discuss with your surgeon.

Dr. O.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
This Forum's Experts
233488 tn?1310696703
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker