Eye Care Community
nevus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

nevus

If there's atypical nevus on the conjunctiva or anywhere else does that increase your chances of getting nevus inside the eye (retina/choroid).

Thanks for your help

Rich
No. They generally are very very benign.

JCH MD
Thanks Dr.

One more question. What's happen if the nevus is on both eyes, does that increase your chance getting it inside the eye.

Rich
No of all the places in the body that nevus are less likely to turn into melanoma the outside of the eye has the lowest risk and the least malignant behavior of melanomas.

JCH MD
Dr. I'm a little confused with the answer. Can you please answer it again?

What's happen if the nevus is on both eyes, does that increase your chance getting it inside the eye.

Yes or no?

I appreciate your help.
Dr. can you please answer this again. Just wanted some reassurance.

thanks for your time

Rich
NO

JCH MD