Eye Care Community
no cure , no care!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

no cure , no care!!

YOU NAME IT IVE USED AND NOT ONE THING WORKS!!! I HAVE MUCUS FISHING SYNDROM (syndrome) AND NO DR OR EYE SPECIALIST HAS EVEN BOTHERD TO GIVE IT ANY ATTENTION AND IM LOST NOW, I CANT SEE ITS GOT SO BAD, I WAS TOLD I HAD CONJUCTAVITUS MANY TIMES, AND HAVE TRIED EVERY EYE OINTMENT TEAR PRODUCT OR DROP GOING WITH NO DIFFERENCE BEING SHOWN FROM ANY OF THEM, NOW I WAKE UP AND WASH MY EYES OUT AND WITHING 5 MINS MY EYE IS FULL AGAIN TO THE POINT WHERE I REALLY CANT SEE, I ALWAYS HAVE BLACK EYES LIKE IVE BEEN FIGHTING AND MY EYES ALWAYS FEEL SO BRUISED (WITH ALL THE DIGGING TO GET THE MUCUS OUT), THE MUCUS STARTED TO DRY ON THE INSIDE OF MY EYE LID SO I STUPIDLY PULLED IT BACK AND SCRAPED IT OFF WICH HURT LIKE HELL, AND DIDNT WORK, MY EYES ARE NOW SO BAD I FEEL LIKE JUST ENDING IT ALL,, ALL I DO IS GET UP N SIT ALL DAY CLEARING THIS MUCUS OUT THEN GO TO BED, EVERY DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK WITH NO LET UP, THE GP DOSE NOT CARE, I HAVE SEEN SO MANY DRS, AND NOT ONE OF THEM SEEMED INTERESTED IN THE SLIGHTEST, IVE TRIED EVERY TREATMENT AND IM LEFT WITH NOTHING BUT NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE, EVEN TYPING THIS I HAVE HAD TO GO WASH MY EYES OUT AT LEAST 5 TIMES!!! // WE ALL HAVE THE SAME THING AND NO1 CARES OR SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND, THERE IS NO CURE AND MY EYES ARE UNBEARABLE NOW , I JUST WANT TO DIE!!
Tags: no cure, eyes
I suggest you visit the Depression/Psychiatric Forums and see a psychiatrist.

JCH MD
You can do couple of things to minimize your discomfort.

1. Using bud or q-tip clean the mucus from your eye,eyelash,lid margins etc several times a day.

2. Avoid long duration sleeps like more than 6-7 hrs.

3. Check for some allergies which might be triggering these symptoms.

-
This is a link to a medical article that describes a new RX for mucous fishing:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11712630

JCH MD
I just tried this last night... cleanse your entire face with witch hazel including eyelids and under your eye.  I could not find castor oil eye drop bottle so I applied the castor oil directly to my eye using a Q-tip in the inner & outter corner of the eye. Then I immediately went to SLEEP (get off the phone, no facebook, twitter, linked in, etc) the messages will be there in the morning.  

So far as of today(2/4/2011) I haven't pulled anything from my eye! I felt something in the bottom right eye this morning, but instead of looking for it I moved the eye lid around in a circle and within 5minutes the string was in the inner corner of my eye which I removed with a tissue.  That was my only string today :-)) as of 11am 2/4/2011.  We shall see...I hope this is a remedy that will work in the long run because I am tired of my Mom yelling at me to get my finger out of my eye. She says people are going to look at you CRAZY. My friends say "Oh girl what's wrong with you, what the heck is that coming out of your eye" I use to think it was normal & funny at their reaction, now I see its not.  Its a serious issue that some people experience.  The eye doctor perscribed me some drops & the eyelid wash like 4years ago but that NEVER worked.  I PRAY this will work so I can tell others, I know my homegirl that has it also will be happy to hear!!!  I hope this will work for you & everyone else that goes thru this thing.  

It ultimately scares me because I know Glaucoma runs in my family & I was like wondering if these strings were how it began.  I have been pulling strings for over 20years now.  IT HAS TO STOP!!!!
I have had a problem with mucus fishing syndrome for 12 years and just this summer found a description of my problem.  My optometrist had been diagnosing me with allergies, but no rememdies have helped.  Recently I've seen two new eye docs related to upcoming cataract surgery and who both pooh-poohed me.
My new GP, though, mentioned there is a new surgery available that is a "roto-rooter" thing.  I haven't been able to find any info about this on the net yet.
Sorry you're suffering and good luck.
=