omega 3 and flax oil overdose?
My husband has severe dry eyes, and has started taking omega 3 and flax seed oil. It is working very well, but his dose (after gradual increase to a point of benefit) is more than recommended. Can he overdose on 3 times the normal dose of purified omega 3 fish oil..the brand he takes is Health from the Sea PFO pure fish oil liquid. He takes twice the dose of the flax seed oil (same brand name).
Thanks,
Pam
I can't answer that. The dose of fish oil (the most common source) of  Omega 3s is 3000-4000 units (2 to 4 pills/day)(. Flaxseed oil I don't know.

THE TREATMENT for dry eyes now is Restasis.

JCH MD
Dear Hogey:

Yes, you can certainly take too much Flax or Omega 3 oils so be careful.  If you start getting Acid Reflux I would stop it immediately because I didn't know what was happening and now I have another problem aside from dry eyes.  You will get a high acid content in your stomach because you can't assimilate all the oil fast enough and the gastric juices will start to come up your throat and burn your esophagus.  Be careful.

hsum4
-