Eye Care Expert Forum
one dialated pupil

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

one dialated pupil
my son is 5 months old. i just recently realized his right eye is dialated more then the left one in more shaded light. so immediatly i went to emergency room...they did a catscan said brain function is perfect...i started looking back at younger pictures...reminder he is 5 months, and it seems to be that it has been like that close to after birth...if it is not his brain what else could it be...what should i do now...should i be really concerened..
Make an appointment to see an EyeMD ophthalmologist.  Possible causes include horner's syndrome, adies tonic pupil, 3rd cranial nerve palsy, traumatic injury to eye, congenital pupil deformity.  You're thankful, I'm sure, that the CT was normal  - that should take a load off your mind but still go ahead and see the ophthalmologist.

MJK MD