Eye Care Community
one eye bulging out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

one eye bulging out

hi all...

My girlfriend began noticing that one of my eyes was bluging almost 1 yr ago. I noticed it too, but thought at the time it was due to lack of sleep (it would bulge out more when i was tired). A few weeks ago, it got really bad, so i went to the docs. My tsh is normal and so is my glucose levels. He referred me to a eye doc who said that it could be:
a. thyroid eye disease
b. orbital psuedotumor
c. orbital tumor (eeck...cancer!)

He based that on (if i remeber right0 my eye pulled to the right when i looked up. Not sure how that is. I'm going in for a MRI as soon as my insurence kicks in. My question is: since i've been to the doctors, my eye is much better. Is the fact that its an intermmittant issue give any more hints to what this could be? Thanks so much...

I'm gonna feel so much better once I get the MRI!

~DE
No all could cause some variation from day to day, least likely to vary and get better would be "c".

JCH MD