Eye Care Community
one sided red eye with contact wear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

one sided red eye with contact wear

Hi, I am 22 and a contact lens user. I usually do not take my lens out frequently and sometimes sleep with it too. It is because sometime I forgot to take out and sometime due to laziness, but I find I had no problem with it at all until recently.
One morning I found I had both eye red when recall previous night I was tired but I did not take out my lens as usual and also I was talking to my friend whole night in the bed. So i guess my eye gone tired and suffer lack of oxygen. My both eyes are red with bloodshot like but the right eye is more severe and more tears and secretion. I am a bit scared at that time.
It clears completely in 4 days time. After that i regain using my lens.
I saw red eyes again after using my lens from morning to night, but this time only the right eyes are red with bloodshot like and the feeling of dryness. This time I am really worried as I do not see any wrong wearing the lens from morning till night and I am also worried why is it occuring again.
I am quite sure it will heal again( sclera white again) but I am just worried is it something had change after that incident making my right eye more prone or something..
Also is there any effect of slow but building up condition in overusing my lenses?
thanks for the answer.
You can do permanent damage to the eye wearing them inappropriately as you are doing. You could develop a infected corneal ucler that might require surgery.

You would be better off and safer to give up contacts and wear glasses or have LASIK surgery than continue as you are doing.

I suggest you leave the contacts out and see an ophthalmologist to see if you've done any permanent damage and to discuss your options.

If you stay with contacts you might need to switch to daily disposable contacts.

JC MD

JC MD