Eye Care Community
optic nerve damage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

optic nerve damage

I met with an accident in the year 1992 when i was 24 year old. An object penetrated in my right eye.
After treatment i was told that the optic nerve has been damaged and there is no P/L in the eye and
the vision of the eye is permanently gone.I can not see from the right eye since then
18 years passed, is there any treatment now possible. kindly help
generally after this period of time there is no treatment for optic nerve damage and you would do well to protect what vision you have in both eyes by a healthy lifestyle, avoid eye injuries and have an annual exam by an Eye MD ophthalmologist.
JCH MD