Eye Care Community
optic neuritis, scar tissue, procedures
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

optic neuritis, scar tissue, procedures

Hi, thanking you all in advance for any advice/assistance- I am MS patient of 10 years, doing relatively well until episodic flares of optic neuritis.  I have been dealing with the neuritis for about 3 years now.   I have had several eye injections and have been treated with various drops, now only using durezol.  My eye pressure is high due to scar tissue which seems to be medication related.  My opthalmologist wants to do a procedure with laser, (also I have a cataract which is medication related) but he has vacilated between doing the laser versus removing the cataract.  He seems to be very worried that I will have a secondary infection post op which could lead to some disastrous consequences.. so right now I am in limbo.  I continue to use the durezol, my  eye is never 100% white anymore, the eyelid swelling is much improved so that my eyes appear congruent but I always have some redness and/or bloodshot appearance in the L eye.  My right eye is 20/20, I have no functional vision in the left.  Again ,thanks for any input..
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
I would get a second opinion. Is he trying to save some of the vision in the left eye?

Dr. O.
Blank
Thank you for your reply.   I  plan to get a second opinion, as you suggested, I live "in the sticks" but I can travel to a major metroplex for further recommendation.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...