Eye Care Community
paediatric astigmatism
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

paediatric astigmatism

My daughter is four years old..She was recently diagonised with astigmatism..The report readings are as follows
The right eye :: cyl is +1.5 , axis 100degree VN 6/6
The left   eye :: cyl is +2.25 , axis 80 degree VN 6/6
How severe is this problem? The doctor said that this problem is heriditary.
Neither my husband nor I have this problem.Nor does anybody in our families have this.How could she have got this problem? .Will she develop a squint because of this?.I am really worried..Would she have recently developed this problem or has this been persisting from her birth and not been noticed.
what is the possible cure for this?Because of such a young age, Will it get cured by regular use of the prescription glasses as she grows? or will she have to be wearing glasses all her life.Can you please help with my doubts ??