parasite in eye
My left eye is experiencing a disturbance in my field of vision. A worm like shape that changes shape (very slowly) and has gotten longer. It is not visible in the mirror. I can change the shape of it if I move my eyes back and forth fast. I suspect that it may not be visible even in an eye exam. I have had abrasions on my cornea in the past (work as a heavy equipment mechanic) and I suspect that is how the parasite got in there.
That's not a parasite, it's a floater!  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater
I have the same exact thing in both eyes, also thought it was some kinda parasite when i first noticed one 5 years ago, like a worm that's straight one minute then curls up when i move my eye.  There is a lot of info on this site on them.
The above from phil8888 is correct.

JCH MD
Were you stating that I was correct with my question or that thebanana was correct with the response? I did metion that it has gotten longer. It does not block my vision nor do I experience flashes of light. The worm like shape is transparent in my vision.
Its not at all  likely a parasite but you owe it to yourself to go in and see an Eye MD ophthalmologist to be certain.

JCH MD
did you find out if it was a parasite myn boyfriend is experiencing the exact thing he has complained about it for past few weeks or months