Eye Care Community
parasite in eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

parasite in eye

My left eye is experiencing a disturbance in my field of vision. A worm like shape that changes shape (very slowly) and has gotten longer. It is not visible in the mirror. I can change the shape of it if I move my eyes back and forth fast. I suspect that it may not be visible even in an eye exam. I have had abrasions on my cornea in the past (work as a heavy equipment mechanic) and I suspect that is how the parasite got in there.
That's not a parasite, it's a floater!  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater
I have the same exact thing in both eyes, also thought it was some kinda parasite when i first noticed one 5 years ago, like a worm that's straight one minute then curls up when i move my eye.  There is a lot of info on this site on them.
The above from phil8888 is correct.

JCH MD
Avatar n tn
Were you stating that I was correct with my question or that thebanana was correct with the response? I did metion that it has gotten longer. It does not block my vision nor do I experience flashes of light. The worm like shape is transparent in my vision.
Its not at all  likely a parasite but you owe it to yourself to go in and see an Eye MD ophthalmologist to be certain.

JCH MD
Avatar n tn
did you find out if it was a parasite myn boyfriend is experiencing the exact thing he has complained about it for past few weeks or months