Eye Care Community
permanent damage from black eyes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

permanent damage from black eyes

why do i still have dark circles under my eyes from black eyes that i got 3 yrs ago there realy bad i used to not have to wear make up know i spend 30 mins just putting eye cream on please help me
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Unfortunately, blood from the bruising can permanently stain your skin.  I'm not certain that anything but concealer can help much.  You might try consulting a cosmetic dermatologist.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
Scratch my above response.  I've found an effective treatment for this problem.  The brownish staining from the bruising I got following multiple surgeries on my right eye was completely removed by a single treatment with a Q-switched laser.  This is the same laser used to remove tattoos.

I had previously been told that the problem was untreatable, since no cream could penetrate that deeply.  But I recently found an article on the Candelalaser website describing the use of a Q-switched laser to treat blood staining on the legs and calves.  I was referred to Dr. Amy Derick in suburban Barrington, Illinois, by the laser manufacturer.  The treatment took only a few minutes and wasn't painful.  Afterwards, the staining had risen to the surface of my skin, and it flaked off over the next few days.  So I could finally toss my Dermablend concealer.

Memo to the search engines:  There is an effective treatment for a "permanent" black eye.

Mnrd, I hope you haven't changed your email address since you posted your question.  
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Jodie J thanks for the information.
JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources