Eye Care Expert Forum
pimples/acne on ridge of upper eyelid
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pimples/acne on ridge of upper eyelid

Hello,

I have a reoccuring problem with my left eye, about two weeks ago I thought I had an eyelash in my left eye. When I went to the bathroom, I looked in the mirror and saw I had a pimple on my eyelid, but not on my eyelid, not on the outside but on the inside. I don't have the langauge to describe exactly where the pimple was, and so everytime I tell a doctor they say I have an infected hair but it's not touching my eyelashes and it isn't touching my eye. The pimple was on the part of my upper eyylid that would touch the bottom lid when I blink. Now I keep getting these pimples int he same place only on the top lid and only in my left eye. I always pop them becasue I've afraid they'll pop on their own, and I'll get the infection in my eye. Normally I don't pop pimples if their just on my skin, but I don't want absess (abscess) in my eye. I'm terrified that this could affect my sight and I don't know what to do. I always clean the are with alcohol based tonifier when I get a pimple, but I know not to put topical medication on the area becasue it will get in my eye. The pimple is always isolated to a pore so I'm not sure if the pores are infected or if they are how I can stop it. The pimples don't hurt and I can't even feel them, but now I always look for them I've never had a problem like this before, and I don't reguarly touch my eyes. I only wear make-up about once or twice a week and I never put eyeliner inside of my eyelid like I know some women do. I have a history of dermatitis and skin allergies if this makes a difference.