Eye Care Community
pink blister in the white of my eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

pink blister in the white of my eye

A week and a half ago I got aluminum shavings spilled in my eye.  I immediately flushed my eyes for a long time, looking down and they hurt and my vision was blurry for a few days.  Then my eyes were really watery for a few days.  Now I have a pink blister on the white of one eye right near the iris.  It is uncomfortable and hurts a bit, but not extremely painful.  Lots of red veins are going to the spot.  Could there still be something in my eye, could it be the injury got infected, or is it just nothing?
You need to see an ophthalmologist.  You could have a residual foreign body.

Dr. O.