Eye Care Expert Forum
poked in the eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

poked in the eye

This morning i accidently poked myself in my eye. My nail is quite long and im now in a lot of pain. opening my eye really hurts and it has just been streaming with tears for the last 2 hours. making it really hard to open every few minutes.

My other eye is very lazy and i can barely see out of it. is there anything i can do to help my eye as i work with computers.

Please help

You need to see an ophthalmologist right away since you could have an abrasion that could easily get infected from a dirty fingernail.
Your eye is just probably inflamed. It may take a while, but it will die down. Try putting an ice pack on it. If it persists, make sure your cornea/sclera is not damaged/scratched.