post Vitrectomy Cataract
How do I know when can have Cataract surgery post Vitrectomy?

I had a Vitrectomy/ERM peel 4 months ago.  Pre-surgery was 20/200 on ERM eye and only Trace Cataract.  

One month post Vitrectomy eye improved to 20/60 with me scanning (still a scotoma/blank spot in vision).  

4 Months post Vitrectomy eye declined to 20/400...very disheartening .  Retina Specialist told me the decline was due to a 2+ cataract forming...but I also have Foveal IS-OS junction loss. (which also showed up on 1 month post surgery OCT).
Questions:
1)  My central thickness number is still 385, indicating swelling right?  Dr. just said to have Cataract checked in 1 month and see him back in 3-6 months.   Is he telling me to have Cataract surgery too soon ?
2)  Is is likely that only the 2+ Cataract caused such a dramatic decline in vision within 3 months ?

Any information you can share with me would be helpful.  I am confused and my surgeon left for Europe...was 2 hours late for my recent appt. and rushed me thru it.  
Thank you in advance !!!

1. They you will need to contact a. your referring ophthalmologist that sent you to the retina MD  b. call the retina MD staff and ask the senior nurse to review you chart. Often that can give a clarification.
2. Your questions cannot be answered in a forum like this because it's too case specific and cannot generalize.

JCH MD