Eye Care Community
post-op problems with Tecnis Multifocal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

post-op problems with Tecnis Multifocal

I had tecnis multifocal lens implanted about 1 month ago.  I am having halos, glare, lack of contrast in colors, diminished depth perception, things look hazy, but my near vision is OK.  Surgeon thinks it is due to astigamatism and wants to do PRK to correct it, but he thinks it may not make me happy.  He thinks I should consider removing that lens and replacing it with a monofocal lens.

Should I expect the vision problems to decrease over time.  I was hoping to have perfect vision, but is that not realistic?  I was wondering if others have experienced these problems and had them go away, over time, or if this is, unfortunately, normal for lens implants.  Should I get the implants removed.

Please help
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
How are you doing now with your Tecnis lenses?  I had both of my eyes done in October last year and I wish I could give you better news.  My biggest problems are the halos in the day as well as night and I have no intermediate focus indoors from about 2 to 6 feet.  Hope you are doing better.  I've read that most people do.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
If you do not get a reply from judyholb you can click on her name go to her personal page and leave a note.
JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank