Eye Care Community
post op punctal stenting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

post op punctal stenting

I started battling an eye condition in July of this year, seemed like conjunctivitis but stayed confined to one eye.  This was treated by an opthamologist the whole time with antibiotic/steroid combo drops.  I was in and out of my contacts with difficulty.  Now have been out of them since August.  I developed constant watering of the same eye in late August.  I was diagnosed with a punctal occlusion felt to be caused by the chronic irritation of the eye that had been ongoing since July.  I was referred to an oculoplastic physician and he used a dilator and was able to get into the puncta and flush the tear duct which did flush through into my throat.  He said the upper and lower puncta were very tight and recommended surgery to fix this since I am still having some irritation of the eye.  Yesterday I had the surgery where he snipped the upper and lower puncta and then placed a stent to hold open.  Today I still have much watering of the eye.  He is out of the office for a few days and I am curious if the results should be instant (which of course is what I would like to have seen) or if this takes some time for the results to occur.  I really did think the results would be far better today than they are.  I am still having to use a tissue to wipe excess tears out of the eye and have a level of water that remains in the field of vision.  UGH... Any info out there.  Any similar surgeries?