Aa
A
A
Close
prescription fluctuations and blurry vision
Please Help. I am 24 yrs old and was recently diagnosed with astigmatism. Prior to this diagnoses I had been suffering from very bad myopia since age 6. My prescrption also has been fluctuating between a -5.5 and -6.0 for the past 10 yrs, I have been wearing soft contact lenses for 13 years with no problems.recently I had been wearing hydrogel contact lenses for about 9 months for about 12-16 hrs a day due to my job schedule. recently in the last 3 months i started to experience very blurry vision. The first eye doctor I went to could not explain why i could not see small print from a distance, since he examined my eyes and said they were healthy.The second optometrist I went to said that I was suffering from astigmatism which could be hereditary keratoconous, since I have been wearing high prescriptions since i was a child. He aslo said that he saw blood vessels in my eyes where they were not supposed to be. He gave me a new prescription of -3.75 on both eyes with a cylinder of -1.25 and axis of 55 on my right eye and a cylinder of -2.25 and axis of 123 on my left eye. With my new glasses my right eye sees goo but my left eye is still a little blurry, Should I go back for a new prescription? Will only wearing glasses decrease my astigmatism? Could my astigmatism be caused by my contact lens overuse or could it be hereditary. would a topography be useful in my case? please help explain.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488 tn?1310696703
duplicate
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources