Eye Care Expert Forum
pterygium

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

pterygium
i just saw how they make surgery with this problem.others says it come back again and again
so i'm afraid of making surgery to my eye problem.the main fact is i don't have that much money
please i need some advice,what to do?
Have pterygium surgery if it is affecting the way you see the world, not for cosmetic reasons. Surgery done with good conjunctival resection and application of mitomycin C with our without amniotic membrane or conjunctival transposition is the best approach and usually highly successful.
Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, MD
hi,sir
     it only bothered me when sunlight shine to my eyes or windy but i always used to wear sunglass in the day time.it's red,iritation sometimes on that time so i use to put some eye drop.(berberil 'n ophtiole) ofcourse i'm really felt shy when meeting eye to eye when it red comes to my eyes.theirs any good eye drop for this please to reduce redness?