Eye Care Expert Forum
pterygium reccurence
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pterygium reccurence

there's a tiny blood vessels growing in my cornea again, and also there's something white in my cornea ( scar i guess). Should i be worry? Is my pterygium growing again. My doc used conjunctival autograft with stitch. I'm so depressed, i don't have enough money to go to my doctor now. I realy need some help. I realy don't know what to do
Tags: pterygium
Related Discussions
1735584_tn?1311113373
Sometimes despite one's best efforts, the pterygium can recur.  There are some techniques which involve additional steps to curb the possibility of recurrence, but none of which are 100% effective.  There are some surgeons that use an amniotic membrane tissue graft and topical treatment with agents such as mitomycin-C to decrease the possibility of the cells responsible for recurrence to become activated again.  Unfortunately surgery is the only option available to remove the pterygium but unless the pterygium extends all the way towards the pupil, at least you can take comfort in the fact that this is not a vision-threatening entity.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now