puffy,itchy eyes
for about 3 weeks my upper eyelids (a lot close to the inner eye) are totally swollen and they itch like crazy.  I've bought all new make up in case of bacteria (I've been using the same make up for over a year with no problems).  It might clear up for a day or two and then its back.  I look 20 years older and hate it besides just the inconvenience of it. I called my Dr. and he prescribed erythromycin (sp) and the 1st time I applied it  my eyelids burned so badly I quickly took it off.  I've tried tea bags hot, cold, cold packs, hot packs, 1%cortisone cream, and finally Preparation H.  I should probably be blind by now!! Please help.  I guess a dermatologist is next but it takes weeks to get in anywhere. Any suggestions?
Leave off all cosmetics and only use warm compresses and non-preserved artifical tears. Make an appointment an Eye MD ophthalmologist.  You can find one at www.aao.org

JCH III MD