Eye Care Community
pulling sensation with glasses

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

pulling sensation with glasses

I have wore eye glasses for over 40 years and I use to be able to go get a new pair every year, no problem. Now I always have a problem with my left eye. After wearing them for about 15 mins. I get this terrible pulling feeling in my eye. It hurts my eye for a couple days once I finally give up on wearing them. What is causing this tugging feeling in my eye? Is the PD not measuring right? Help!!!!
There are about 10 or more variables on a pair of glasses and PD is just one of them. You could tell the Eye MD, optom and optician about difficulty adjusting to glasses. In that case we usually recommend buying glasses of similiar size, shape, keeping coatings and material the same, using the same base curve, using the same style for reading (ie bifocal with line, trifocal with line, no line progressive).

We also suggest you always ask about "regrind policy" it is customary in most places to make at least one change without charge in the first 30 days for clarity or comfort.

JCH MD