pupil dilating rapidly off and on
1 1/2 years ago my son's left eye all of the sudden started to turn in.  I took him to the eye doctor and they gave him a pair of glasses.  I went again for his check-up in October and they said he has amblyopia.  His advise was nothing, he said that his sight in that eye may get better or it will go away all together.  I want to see if there is something I can do for him, so now I have scheduled him an appointment with a vision therapist in three weeks.  He's been complaining that things he looks at go in circles.  I took a closer look at his eye and his pupil is moving in and out kinda fast.  Do you know what that is?  
I would make some strong suggestions as your child could have some serious problems:

1. Forget the vision therapist. It's not proven to be helpful, is very expensive and you need a MD physician.
2. Take your child for a second opinion with a Eye MD pediatric ophthalmologist. Find one at www.aao.org or ask your pediatrician for a referral.

This is important.

JCH III MD Board Certfied Ophthalmologist