Eye Care Expert Forum
pupil not in center of iris

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

pupil not in center of iris
after reading some posts on different size pupils, I've found that I have alot of the symptoms that the doctors say. don't worry about it to much unless you have.... Well I have a droopy eye lid, Sometimes I get dizzy, I have had more migranes in the last few months that I have in all of my 36 years. My left pupil is smaller than my right pupil, and I don't believe it's always been that way. My eye doctor said he never noticed it. Also today on a revisit to my family doctor a different doctor noticed my pupils were not in the center of my iris. I wonder if this is a change that has happened in the last few weeks. My next step is to go see an eye specialist. I've had an mri and an mra. I saw a nuerologist and a migrane specialist and so far they say all is well. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Greg
Just a few thoughts.  A droopy eyelid and an abnormally large pupil could indicate a third nerve palsy while a droopy eyelid and an abnoarmally small pupil could indicate horner's syndrome.  Finally, a decentered pupil can sometimes be caused by an anterior segment dysgenesis syndrome or ICE syndrome like reigers anomoly or essential iris atrophy for example.  See an ophthalmologist for a complete exam as soon as possible.

MJK MD
A related discussion, Newborn eye issue was started.