Eye Care Community
pus spot on eyelid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

pus spot on eyelid

for the past week i have had a small ***** spot on the very edge of my lower eyelid (it also extends inside my eyelid a bit). it looks like it has a hole in the centre. it is not sore, but it is rubbing against my eye a little and making it red. could it be an infection of a tear duct? that's what it looks like. should i just leave it alone?
Avatar n tn
not sure why my word was blanked out - i was trying to say pus-filled
Avatar dr m tn
You must have typed "pus" wrong (probably an extra 's') Probably not likely the tear duct, that's a small hole at the inner aspect with a small mound of skin around it like a valcano (called the puncta). It would be styes, cyst, blocked oil gland. You might try warm compress and observation if it gets worse see an eye MD.

JCH III MD
Avatar n tn
haha, yes, i did type that. it didn't even occur to me.
i don't think it's a stye because i've had those before and this is different. i think it's probably the oil gland option.
thank you!
Avatar dr m tn
___________________
Avatar n tn
i live in st. Catharines and i just moved  there and i had this pus for so long because i never thought it was like really important  so i made appointment and a few weeks later my doctor is sick like i was so mad this thing is like making me blind like my daughter and my son al ready ware glasses isn't that to much already ......so they made another time for me to see the doctor and then they call me telling that he sick again so like i got even more mad because like why dont they just give me a replacement doctor is that like to much to ask and if i get blind it on themmmmm ..... im not even jokig right now so wat should i do see a new doctor or watt plzzzzzzzzzzzz helpppppp