Eye Care Expert Forum
reaction to eye drops?

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

reaction to eye drops?
anybody else have problems after having their eyes dilated with a liquid dye?
You are not alone.  Some of my patients are very sensitive to dilating drops and let me know all about it.  For them, I sometimes won't dilate their eyes and if I absolutely have to dilate their eyes, I will dilute the drops and use the weakest formulation possible.

MJK MD
What can I do about it? Will they get better? I am scared.
Just wait  and drops will wear off in 1 or 2 days at most.  You can ask office  to give you dilation reversal drops as well.  You will get better.  IF you are having pain, headache and vision loss, you need to go back to your doctor immediatly to rule out acute glaucoma.
MJK MD
A related discussion, dilating eye drops was started.
A related discussion, What could happen to cause life altering results...? was started.