Eye Care Expert Forum
red inflamed swelling on corner of left eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

I've been dealing with eye issues for 3 years now, the first time my eyes started giving me problems, the corner of my left eyes was red. Then it got worst as time went on, I went the eye doctor and he asked if I was around some fecal matter. He treated me with an eye solution and gave a refill just in case. Well, I end up using both solution's and it healed. Later it return with a repeat. I went to the emergency and they treated the eye the same as the first eye specialist. Now it's been 2 years and the problem came back, I seen a doctor recently and he believes it inflammation that's playing a big part. Although he treated the eye with a solution 3%, the problem had repeated after treatment. What do you think may be going on with my eye. I am sick a lot and have problem with a 5th vertebra in my neck that affects my back. Thanks for reading and response and advance. SHA>
I don't believe the back would be related unless you are on heavy pain meds and getting very dry eyes.  If you responded to anti-inflammatory drops such as a steroid like Lotemax, then this could be some type of inflammation like scleritis or episcleritis.  All I can say is that you should see a good ophthalmologist and carefully explain your symptoms and what has worked and what didn't work and of course any other symptoms such as rash or arthritis or other illness that you may be having.  Good Luck.