Eye Care Community
red veins on top half of eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

red veins on top half of eye

2534035?1203470280
i've been wearing contacts for about 6 to 7 years now and theyve always been fine. recently, my right contact has been hurting me eye when its in. just the right one. it happened once a few weeks ago, so i took it our right away and noticed that there were alot of veins in the top half of my eye. so i wore my glasses for like 2 or 3 days and it would still hurt every now and then. id get all teary and it was sensitive to light and wind. then it went away and i wore my contacts again for a while without any problems. about a week and half to 2 weeks later, it happened again so i took the right one out and wore my glasses for a few days. it went back to normal and i started wearing my contacts again. this time nothing hurt, but i noticed that the top half of the white part in my right eye still had alot of veins on it. so i took my contacts out and wore my glasses for a few days hoping that the veins would go away. it seems like its going away, but i dont know if theyll come back again if i put my contacts in in a few days. does this sound serious? ive had veins in my eyes before like if i accidently took a nap with my contacts in, but it would usually go away within a day or 2. im not sure if i should go see the doctor or the eye doctor.
Tags: veins
Your eye is telling you that the contacts lids don't fit, or that they are damaged or that you have lost your ability to wear contacts. (It happens all the time).

Leave your contacts out. You should be seeing a "eye doctor" for your contacts regularilty. Return to discuss your problem.

JCH III MD