Eye Care Expert Forum
redness in eye 4 months after cataract surgery

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Cataract surgery was successful on both eyes but redness and some bloodshot effects are in the second eye after 4 months. Predforte drops were used right after surgery as directed and after 6 weeks of drops, redness occured in this 2nd eye. Dr  prescribed another round of drops in that eye for 6 weeks and that is just completed. On the 3rd day of NO drops, the redness has come back. There is no pain but the redness concerns me. I have used a 'comfort drop' and that has helped. Could there be infection?
Dear Brandy9020,

I would recommend that you seek the care of your eyeMD to determine wehtehr the redness is of concern. There are many reasons for injection or redness of the eyes, such as dryness, allergy, infection and inflammation.  An appropriate diagnosis is needed.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California