Eye Care Community
regular lens vs crystal HD lens

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

regular lens vs crystal HD lens

What are the major differences between a normal lens replacement and a crystal HD .  My insurance will pay for both my cataracts to be removed with a normal lens.  It will pay nothing for the crystal lens, a cost of $5,8000.  I realize the plain lens will require me to wear glasses, but will my vision be inferior or blurry if I do not opt for the premium lens.
It seems like a rip off to me!  DMM1948
If you feel it is a rip off don't get it.  Most of my patients feel it is the best investment they made not needing glasses for most tasks.

A surgery with a standard IOL does not correct astigmatism and does not allow you to see intermediate (computer or near) as well as with a premium IOL.

Use the search function.  I had cataract surgery and had the Crystalens AO put in and it is only two weeks, but I am very happy.

Dr. O.