removal of a scleral buckle
I had a retinal detachment at age 35; I am 15 years post-op scleral buckle R eye.  My retina specialist wants to remove the buckle in the near future (no emergency - my decision; whenever I feel ready).   The Dr. states that scar tissue will hold the retina onto the eye and the buckle has served its purpose.  The buckle has "moved" and he says that when the eye pulsates the buckle erodes the retina.  

Will scar tissue hold the retina on?  Is removal of a buckle a simple procedure? Will my vision change much without the buckle?
Yes,  Yes, it can be done in the office.  Vision should not change.

Dr. O.
Dr Oyakawa
I heard that removal of a buckle is quite risky and may have a lot of complication.

Wilson
In 1965 I had a sclera buckle for a detached retina. I was 13 at the time.  Then in 1987 the buckle had intruded and the doctor severed the encircling buckle.  When he did that it left a small hole in the left corner of my eye (near the nose).  That area became red and inflamed, so subsequent surgery excised the involved area of conjunctiva and replacement with a free conjunctival graft ensued.  Now the graft is inflamed and moving into the iris of my eye.  Do you know of a doctor who has performed surgery to replace the graft with healthy graft? Specialists give me FML drops which clear up the mess for a while and then the whole thing starts again.  I live in the US in Georgia.